Monday, May 16, 2011

Some Fun

Tonight I actually was able to get away and have some fun.  I am part of a Mom's group that is kind of like Mops.  I was on our leadership team this year and it was great getting to spend time with the ladies that served alongside me.  Tonight we went to Red Robin for our end of the year party and it was nice to just relax and not have the kids crawling on me or have the hubby asking for something.  Somehow I still always manage to feel out of place no matter what, especially when they start talking about their hubbies being off at work and the latest things they are doing at work.  I try to be normal and yet somehow no matter how hard I try our situation is always brought up.  I appreciate that people care, but at the same time I miss the days when we were just like everyone else.  I am trying really hard to find a few things/hobbies that are just for me.  I feel like my identity is gone and I want to be able to have something that is just mine again.  I have really been missing Army life lately, even though I didn't know it for long, I loved it.  I miss my independence and yet I don't think I would know what to do with it if I had it.  I guess that is all for now, my mind is just kind of wandering all over the place. I hope you are all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment