Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Frustrated

Okay, so this is a warning! I am venting on this entry because I am just FED UP!  I am so exhausted and tired of fighting for the things that we should not have to fight for.  I know too many of you understand, and that in itself is upsetting to me.  What happens when Veteran's are not taken care of?  Everything in their world starts to fall apart, whether it be their own self- esteem of the well being of their families and those who take care of them.  I have watched too many marriages crumble because the caregiver was not supported.  Luckily, I am more resilient than some I have met, and I thank God for that.  Do I like that I struggle daily to keep on top of everything? No! However, I love my husband and It is not his fault that we are in this situation.  He did nothing wrong, in fact he did everything right and was still punished for it. 


I am tired of asking the VA for things that should be easy to receive due to my hubby's medical conditions.  I don't know how many times I have asked for a better wheelchair for when he is paralyzed, do I have one yet? No! Of course I asked like 5 months ago, so I guess it hasnt been long enough yet.  I don't really know what their excuse is, but I am sick of it all.  At this point I am ready to write off his doctor's here and just get the crap outta here.  Of course we are already in the process of doing that, but why should we have to move to receive appropriate care?? It seems kinda ridiculous, but yet here we are getting ready to move so that he can have access to the things he should have been getting the last 4 years.  Why does it take 3 years to get them to finally fee base out some local care?? Unfortunately they are now too late as we are on a waiting list for a TBI/PTSD program in Bethesda, MD.  It is sad that we have to go that far for a decent program and treatment. Anyone else out there having similar problems? Feel free to chime in and leave me a comment..

No comments:

Post a Comment